SXSW Interactive 2013
Creepification-Identity Management Is Not A Game
Online identity should be split into three well defined areas of public, personal and private. This session will provide the reasoning, tools, tips and best practices in creating virtual levels to your online identity.
Intermingling the public and personal levels of identity is possible without sacrificing security. Isolating the private level through logins, restricted email accounts and passwords helps protect your social identity from creepfication.
By splitting how you participate in the online world of social networks, communities and even online finance you build a virtual wall.
We will also discuss the creation of a private persona to help strengthen the barrier of your private identity and prevent creepification.
Share this idea
- What are the three levels of identity management and how do they overlap?
- What is creepification across the levels of my social identities?
- What is a virtual persona and what should be included in that information?
- How do I isolate certain information to provide better security?
- Do email accounts help define my social identity?
- Chris Miller, Founder, Spiked Studios LLC
Chris Miller, Founder, Spiked Studios LLC