SXSW Interactive 2013
Life on the Road is Lonely: How to Connect
Everyone thinks traveling is glamorous, but not so much when you’re in a big city by all by yourself.
Or if you’re traveling alone for work, what do you do after the conference or business meeting is over? Not many of us can say that dining by ourselves is our most favorite thing to do, but what options do we have when we feel isolated in an unfamiliar place?
In today’s world, with the power of social networks and trip sharing, the ability to connect to those around us (wherever we may be) is at our fingertips. However, we have yet to fully take advantage of all the tools that are available to engage with acquaintances and to make new connections.
In this session, come learn how can harness the power of social media to fully take advantage of networking connections that may be right around the corner.
Share this idea
- How can you maximize your business travels to nurture professional relationships?
- How can you best socialize your travel plans so you can (re)connect with friends or meet others while on the road?
- What is the social etiquette when making new connections?
- How do you safely share your travel details with the right people?
- What are other ways to conquer loneliness when traveling for business?
Thomas Marks, Director, Marketing, TripIt