SXSW Interactive 2013
Building Buzz for Your Company via PR & Social
“The cobbler’s kids have no shoes.” Often advertising, media, digital and marketing professionals know how to build consumer brands, but not their own. In the age of social media, it’s easier than ever to raise a company’s profile outside traditional media, but only if you know how.
In this session, learn the basic steps to create buzz among your target audience. Hear practical and actionable guidelines from Sam DiGennaro, communications strategist and founder of DiGennaro Communications, the leading PR agency serving the advertising, media, marketing and entertainment spaces. Sam has been an integral force in managing the public image and strategic messaging of well-known C-suites, in addition to serving as counselor to many independent companies on the road to acquisition.
Learn how to use PR & social media to get news coverage in today’s complex media marketplace, align PR strategy with new-biz goals, raise an exec’s profile, recruit A-list talent & establish category expertise
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to use social media to build buzz about your agency and establish ongoing relationships with influential journalists. This session will provide tips to understanding the current media landscape and how social media has become a valuable tool for reporters and agencies alike.
- How to align PR with your business development strategy to achieve successful growth results. Done correctly, PR can lead to boosting your bottom line. While not everyone grasps the value of PR, take a hint from billionaire Bill Gates who once said, “If I was down to my last dollar, I’d spend it on public relations.”
- How to create content and thought leadership platforms to tell a strategic story to the press and via social media. Developing strong content that people want to see, read and share will keep your audiences engaged and help gain recognition for your brand.
- How to build executive profiles and raise visibility of your C-Suite. When the industry is familiar with your CEO, they are more likely to recognize your agency and pay attention to news coming out of it. While CEO's can easily use Twitter and Facebook to begin to raise their profile, first they must develop a platform—i.e. what they stand for—and put a PR plan in place that aligns with your business goals.
- How to create a plan to publicize your best work, cases and news. How can agencies leverage their award winning work and top tier talent? Creating a strategy that keeps your accolades top of mind in the press will get people talking and waiting to see what you do next.
- Samantha DiGennaro, CEO and Founder, DiGennaro Communications
Meg McMahon, Senior Account Executive, DiGennaro Communications