Should our STEM notebooks go paperless?
In our STEM school, students are using journals as they take notes and then use these journals for review, test taking and information retention. This year though we are trying something new: What if students journaled electronically? Using a cloud-based tool, students can journal in virtually the same way with some cool electronic tools like bookmarking and searching.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will compare electronic journals to paper journals.
- Participants will collaboratively evaluate student work from both electronic and hand-generated journals.
- Participants will evaluate the best tools for journaling and discuss some innovative applications with digital tools.
- Melissa Wrenchey, educator, Nikola Tesla STEM High School
- Arny Leslie, educator, Nikola Tesla STEM High School
Melissa Wrenchey, Educator, Nikola Tesla STEM High School