By combining rigorous instruction, technological innovation, and college/career preparation, Texas’ Garland ISD (GISD) is making each student ready for their future. Hear directly from GISD educators about how they collaborated with stakeholders across the school system and their community to reengineer teaching and learning in their district to create the unique blend of curriculum, pedagogy and digital ecosystems that is now known as the “Garland Way.”
Additional Supporting Materials
- Discuss Garland as a case study: What specific problems was Garland facing, and how are they similar to what districts everywhere face.
- Step-by-step accounting of how Garland transformed itself and discussion on how other districts can do the same.
- Discussion of results and the Garland Way as it evolves into the future.
- Scott Kinney, Senior Vice President, Discovery Education
- Tina Garrett, PreK-12 STEM Coordinator, Garland Independent School District
- Nelson Orta, Director of Professional Development, Garland Independent School District
- Mida Milligan, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Garland Independent School District
Chrysti Hill, Dir, Special Events & Mktg, Discovery Education
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.