Interacting with readers is important. But your comment sections are a troll-filled cesspool. What’s a publisher to do? Think more strategically, we say — and we can help you do it.
In this interactive session, leaders from The Coral Project and the Engaging News Project will give you tips on improving your interactive spaces — comments and beyond — based on the latest research. They’ll also solicit your questions and feedback, a dialogue that will help guide the Engaging News Project’s research and The Coral Project’s open-source software development.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is wrong with comment sections today?
- Does every news website and blog need a comment section?
- How can news organizations creatively engage audiences in comment sections and beyond?
- Greg Barber, Lead on strategy and partnerships, The Coral Project/The Washington Post
- Erica Palan, Audience Engagement Manager, Philly.com
- Talia Stroud, Director, Engaging News Project
Katie Steiner, Communication Asst, Engaging News Project
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.