Streaming is one thing, but the other great disruption that digital has brought to the artist/fan relationship is the peeling back of the layers between artist and fan, bringing them closer and more engaged with each other than they ever have been before.
From PledgeMusic, which sees itself as a marketing platform as much as a fundraising platform; to Spotify's BandPage sales integration, playlists and notifications; to Apple Music's Connect platform – distribution platforms are becoming points of engagement, and the data behind them a vital currency. This panel will unpick these layers, identify how they work, and what lies ahead.
- What does the artist-fan relationship look like in 2016 and what will it look like in 2021?
- How do distribution platforms as points of engagement help artists cut above the digital clutter in the attention economy.
- How do I get my fans' attention while giving them meaningful content and experiences!
- Karim Fanous, Head of Research and Insight, Music Ally
- Scott Cohen, Founder and VP, International, The Orchard
- Benji Rogers, President and Founder, PledgeMusic
- Sammy Andrews, Head of Digital, Cooking Vinyl
Karim Fanous, Head of Research and Insight, Music Ally
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.