Increasingly we are judged by how we appear through our social media presence. Employers look at our Facebook profiles, people are fired due to views expressed online. This results in an increasing emphasis on managing ourselves as brands. This session will screen short films made entirely from their participants’ social media data; before inviting participants to reflect on their own digital brand through the use of social media app MySocialBook. These actions will feed into the creation of a social media manifesto, which will be useful for workshop participants in managing their digital brand as it evolves. Specific focus will be on dealing with personal and professional life transitions.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How are our digital identities formed and interpreted?
- How can we develop strategies to deal with life transitions from the perspective of personal digital branding?
- Is it possible to successfully manage 'multiple selves' online?
- Finola Kerrigan, Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Marketing, University of Birmingham
- Pam Briggs, Professor, Northumbria University
Finola Kerrigan, Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Marketing, University of Birmingham
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.