SXSW Interactive 2013
• When Sh*t Hits the Fan: An Online Crisis Drill
You’ve seen brands and organizations go up in flames online – whether the fault of an errant tweet, a product recall or just plain bad customer experience. How do crisis management professionals manage a bad situation that’s unfolding live in the digital space? Practice.
This session is presented by crisis experts from Weber Shandwick using the award-winning FireBell software (an interactive social media crisis simulation platform) featuring General Mills as the on-stage client. Watch a fictional scenario unfold in front of your eyes, fueled by merciless Madvocates who wreak havoc through social channels.
Using innovative mobile technology, everyone in the audience will be able to participate in the chaos that ensues while learning about best practices for online crisis management that can be applied to organizations of any size in any field.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What causes, and perpetuates, online reputation crisis and issues?
- What steps should companies take to prepare for, and respond to, online reputation attacks?
- How have crisis and issues management changed in the last five years?
- What are the key mistakes companies make when responding to issues online?
- What social/digital and cultural trends are influencing how customers relate to brands/organizations and vice versa?
Greg Swan, VP, Interactive Strategy, Weber Shandwick