SXSW Interactive 2013
1 Million Strong: Social Media & the U.S. Army
How does the U.S. Army – an organization defined by structure and process – become a national leader in social media engagement, content distribution and online community management? Come hear from Army representatives in public affairs and recruiting about the Army’s strategy for creating compelling content and engaging with a community of more than 1 million across multiple company divisions. Whether it’s using social media to help recruit for the all-volunteer force, publishing the comprehensive online social media handbook annually or implementing robust editorial calendars, the Army’s approach to communicating with its fans and followers – both internal and external – offers valuable tips and tools for professionals across all industries. This presentation will specifically address community management on major social platforms including Facebook and Twitter, along with creative strategies for engaging fans with compelling content on sites like YouTube and Pinterest.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- With a large fan base, how do you successfully engage with your advocates in a way that is both timely and meaningful?
- How do you effectively manage multiple platforms and channels with dynamic and compelling content?
- How do you manage multiple channels and multiple platforms for one brand? Is there a way to successfully incorporate multiple branded accounts on one channel?
- How do you institute social media policy and guidelines across your organization? How do you address conflicts and negative commentary on your social media channels?
- How do you effectively demonstrate ROI and justify dedicated social media resources to organizational leadership?
- Crystal Guerrero, Program Manager, Social/Online Strategic Media Outreach Programs, U.S. Army – Army Marketing and Research Group (AMRG)
- Brittany Brown, Social Media Manager, U.S. Army – Office of the Chief of Public Affairs
Mark Mohammadpour, Vice President, Weber Shandwick