From College to Jobs: MOOCs and Credentialing
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) continue to gain traction around the world with millions of learners using free or low cost courses to earn new forms of credentials in higher education and in the job market.
“From College to Jobs: MOOCs and Credentialing” will focus on
the future of education and how learners are using online courses to earn both traditional college credits and new forms of credentials.
Share this idea
- Showcase a vision of new, creative forms of education credentials that are valuable assets in higher education and the job market.
- Discuss innovative initiatives and partnerships - Global Freshman Academy and LaunchCode - using online learning to earn credits and credentials.
- Look ahead to future forms of credentials and the roles they will play in people's lives.
- Anant Agarwal, edX CEO and MIT Professor, edX
- Jim McKelvey, LaunchCode Co-Founder, https://www.launchcode.org/
- Gabriel Kahn, Journalist and Professor, Slate Magazine and USC Annenberg School of Journalism
- Adrian Sannier , Chief Academic Technology Officer for ASU Online and a Professor of Practice in the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Engineering at Arizona State University, Arizona State University
Rachel Lapal, Communications Mgr, edX