SXSW Music 2013
75 Million Albums & Counting: How to Produce a Hit
A candid interview with multi-platinum award winning producer and engineer Dennis MacKay. MacKay has worked with three out of four of The Beatles, David Bowie, Jeff Beck, Phil Collins, Elton John, Whitney Houston, Judas Priest and won a Grammy® Award in 2011 for his work with Stanley Clarke.
Dennis will share a wealth of real-world tips & tricks any up-and-coming artist can use to get a great sound in the studio, cultivate their own unique identity and learn how to work together to play better than they ever thought possible.
Share this idea
- What exactly does a producer do and does every artist need one?
- What qualities should an artist look for in a producer?
- How can an artist on a limited budget do to get the most bang for their buck?
- I know you recently reviewed over 700 bands' demos and only found eight that you were interested in working with. What set those bands apart from all the rest?
- Have you ever passed on working with a band and later lived to regret it?
Bill Hibbler, CEO, Gigtime Media