SXSW Interactive 2013
Social Cocktail: Getting the Social Data You Need
Businesses are struggling to understand what social data sources they need to make the right decisions for their businesses. Should businesses incorporate data from social networks, blogs, comments and everything else under the sun? Creating the right mix is like creating a social cocktail - you need to understand the properties of each social media publisher to get the right mix. Using data science from billions of social data activities, Chris will talk about attributes of each social media publisher.
Changing the game for businesses, unexpected events (e.g. natural disasters) and expected events (e.g. the Super Bowl) can have a significant impact on businesses and the types of social data they need to make decisions. What kind of wrench can these events throw into the best laid plans?
Case studies, driven by data science, will complete the picture of what types of social data matter for businesses.
Share this idea
- Why analyze social data from more than one publisher?
- What audiences and modes of conversation are needed to build out an understanding of your market, your customers, perceptions of your product and the evolution of your message?
- How can companies incorporate public social conversations into their daily business operations?
- How do expected and unexpected events affect the social data businesses need?
- What happens when you ignore a social data source?
- Chris Moody, COO and President, Gnip
Chris Moody, COO and President, Gnip