SXSW Interactive 2013
Social Media Command Centers: Give Cities a Voice
In July 2012, Kansas City joined efforts between several organizations and businesses and played “concierge and curator” for incoming visitors for the MLB All-Star Game. We'll dive into the conversation of the modern city as a host for events and the implication that has for social media and tourism. We'll also discuss how social media back channels can be optimized during a specific time and place.
Share this idea
- What is a social media command center (besides a room filled with giant monitors)?
- How can a city leverage content created by its residents and tourists to help tell its story?
- How can a group take over a conversation already happening through back channels?
- How can you connect online buzz with offline actions and bring social conversations to life?
- What happens when people stop being polite and start getting real (see also: don't feed the trolls)?
Laura Watkins, Community and Outreach Manager, Drumroll