SXSW Interactive 2015
Defining the Next Generation Retail Experience
According to pundits everywhere, traditional retail as we know it is dying a slow, painful death. Where there were once thousands of department stores across the United States, traditional retailers are now bankrupt and consolidating their brick and mortar presence into a few dozen stores. When you walk into a department store today, could you say with confidence that you are living in 2014 rather than 1994? There is no question that the retail industry has a lot of catching up to do. How can retailers change the way they think about the traditional retail experience?
A new generation of retail innovators have entered the picture, and are completely changing the way consumers think about shopping. In this panel, Sephora’s CMO Julie Bornstein will moderate a conversation with Katrina Lake, Founder & CEO of Stitch Fix and Jennifer Hyman, Co-Founder & CEO of Rent the Runway to discuss their unique approaches to retail and what retailers can do to innovate and bring their customers back.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why has traditional brick and mortar retail been in decline over the the past decade?
- Why have certain new retail concepts taken off where others have failed?
- What do you see as the next big trends in retail and e-commerce?
- How can big brands who have seen declining sales and store traffic turn around their business or introduce new tools and technologies?
- Should retailers be doubling down on e-commerce properties, or are there other opportunities to create a delightful experience for their customers?
Erin First, PR Manager, Stitch Fix