SXSW Interactive 2015
Seize the Moment on Twitter…The Right Way
We have all experienced them – complete Twitter #fail moments where big-name brands fall miserably flat in their attempts to “hijack” a moment or conversation, from KLM post-Netherlands/Mexico game at the World Cup to American Apparel’s infamous “Sandy Sale” during the natural disaster that rocked the Northeast. But how do brands get those moments right and avoid being taken to task by consumers and the media? How did Oreo own the Super Bowl? How does Taco Bell weigh opportunities to cheekily interact with other brands? The answer often lies in listening to the data in real-time to understand an audience, and the result is often an organic endorsement in who to turn to and trust to deliver timely social content, from the valuable to the just plain humorous. This session will also touch on the difference between #winning in these moments, failing and failing for effect (a la Kenneth Cole time and time again).
Share this idea
- Why it is incredibly easy for brands to fail on Twitter?
- What the biggest misconceptions about marketing on Twitter are?
- Why #winning on Twitter is as easy as just listening to your audience/consumer?
- How a marketer can listen to social data in real-time to understand an audience?
- Why social customer service needs to be every marketer's number one priority?
Francisca Fanucchi, PR Manager, Lithium