SXSW Interactive 2015
Make Friends, Not Contacts
This talk is inspired by this VERY popular guest blog post that we published in 2012: http://lifehacker.com/5928461/make-friends-not-contacts
This two person talk is about how we've built an incredibly strong network of supports (friends) around our company/startup - wedgies.com
This talk addresses how to meet, interact, and stay friends with new contacts that can be helpful to your professionally. Why exchanging business cards is worse than Twitter handles. How to realize when someone is trying to help you and letting them do so. Why you should hang out with the people your with rather than going to find the people you think you should be with. And, most importantly, why making friends is more authentic, advantageous and better for you than making contacts.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why exchanging Twitter handles is better than business cards.
- How to create a deep relationship with someone you just met.
- Why giving before you take always leads to a stronger relationship.
- Why handing someone your card is the absolute worst way to start a business transaction.
- How to build a network that helps you when the times are good, and more importantly when the times are bad.
Porter Haney, CEO, Co-founder, wedgies.com