SXSW Interactive 2015
Chingo Bling, Taco Journalist take on the internet
Meet Pedro Herrera - Proud immigrant son, college graduate, family man.
Meet his alter ego, Chingo Bling - An artist, entrepreneur, and renaissance man doing his thing with acting, DJ-ing, fashion, rapping, writing and sometimes hustling for Pizza Patrón. Chingo has always stayed true to La Raza from slangin' mixtapes at the flea market to reppin' Team Feria and the newest comedic slant on Latino pop culture.
Meet Mando Rayo - Latino Engagement Strategist by day, by night, a Taco Journalist. Mando is an award winning Texas food blogger at TacoJournalism.com and co-author of the book, Austin Breakfast Tacos. Mando has been writing about tacos, Latino culture & basically bringing his street cred to the internet since 2007.
Whether it's discovering the next taco joint or slangin' records at the flea market, Chingo and Mando have embraced "El Power of the Internet," developed content true to their voices & shared their unique p-o-v via Faizbuk, Tweeter, Youtube y más!
Share this idea
- How do you find and brand your voice?
- How do you bootstrap your ideas with technology?
- How do you create content that's relevant to Latinos?
- How do you go from a taco joint and flea market to publishing a book and becoming a Youtube hit?
- How do you create a Latino platform on the web?
Mando Rayo, CEO & Engagement Strategist, Mando Rayo + Collective