SXSW Music 2015
Band:Smart: 50 ideas to make $100K more this year
Martin Atkins will offer tangible strategies and advice for independent bands and artists that will translate into $100,000 in additional revenue over the next year. From booking yourself, playing seven shows per week (instead of five), merchandising ideas and strategies, growing and leveraging a fan base, and touring more efficiently, Atkins’ advice embraces the uphill battle that everyone in the industry faces. Always true to his, “Welcome to the Music Business- You’re Fucked” mentality, you are rest-assured this session will make a strong impact on your bottom line.
Share this idea
- I play to 30 – 50 people, where do I build from here?
- With all the tools and apps out there, which ones do I really need to make a $100,000 difference to me next year?
- How can I know that every step I take is a step closer to my goals and not some random, crazy, bullshit plan from some 1980s music business dream?
- Can a band who draws 50 – 100 people per show actually make a living playing music and what strategies should they use to do it?
- How can I grow my band, my brand, and my audience next year? Do I need an agent, manager, or record deal?
- Martin Atkins, Music Business Department Chair, SAE
Martin Atkins, Music Business Department Chair, SAE