SXSW Interactive 2015
Turn Social Marketing "Inside Out”
With over a billion people participating on social media platforms and consumers naming their social circle as their most trusted source of product information, brands can no longer afford to ignore the social space as a customer engagement platform. But the way many companies are approaching social engagement is ineffective, costing them opportunities. Instead of putting together a small social media team to try to drive engagement from the outside in, brands should activate their workforce and customers to serve as advocates from the inside out. In this session, CEO Greg Shove of SocialChorus and marketing leaders from Whole Foods, Eaton, SASI and ReachLocal will provide actionable insights on how to take social media out of the department setting with a new strategy that empowers insiders – including top employees, customers and partners – to tell the brand’s story and engage customers outside the confines of a corporate site.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- 1. Why would an inside out social marketing strategy be more effective than a traditional outside in social media campaign approach?
- 2. How can I create an inside out social marketing program at my company, and what level of ROI can I expect?
- 3. Does an inside out approach work for all types of companies, and are there factors that have to be customized to account for different industry categories?
- 4. How can I train my best employees, customers and partners to participate in an inside out marketing program?
- 5. How can I track my inside out advocates’ activities, measure results and calculate ROI?
- Greg Shove, CEO , SocialChorus
Stacy Silver, SENIOR ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, SSPR