Releasing Badges in the Wild
Mozilla’s Hive Learning Networks prepare youth to thrive in school, work, and civic life by empowering educators to build innovative, connected learning experiences and teach the digital literacy skills essential for young people to discover and shape their world. At the heart of this effort are Webmaker.org badges designed to promote professional practices, unite community through shared culture and identity, and develop competencies around the mechanics, culture and citizenship of the web.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will better understand the core culture and practices that make Hive Learning Networks powerful incubators of connected learning programs in cities around the world.
- Participants will better understand how Mozilla puts the creative power of connected learning in more hands, and more places by engaging educators across the globe through badges.
- Participants will gain insight into the strategic choices behind the design of two badge ecosystems, with a key focus on which elements are transferable and which are unique.
- Robert Friedman, Portfolio Strategist, Hive Chicago, Mozilla Foundation
- Jessica Klein, Creative Lead, Hive Lab, Mozilla Foundation
Robert Friedman, Portfolio Strategist, Hive Chicago, Mozilla Foundation