SXSW Interactive 2015
The Spook Who Sat In the Executive Suite
Diversity in the tech industry is a very popular topic. Often the solutions to repairing the problems of lack of minority representation in the tech industry focus on training younger people to participate in the industry-- at some point in the future. The stories of the people of color who currently are-- and have been for years-- working in the industry are often left out of these discussions. An African American internet company CEO and several of his peers will speak about their experiences as executives in the technology sector in the US and abroad.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What experiences do people of color, particularly African Americans, Latinos, and Native people, have in the technology industry as innovators and leaders?
- Have people of color been a part of the information technology industry before now?
- But isnt technology a meritocracy?
- What can be done to encourage more involvement by people of color in the tech industry?
- What specific issues do women of color face as managers and executives?
- William Dyson, CEO and Co Founder, Leola Group
Eno Jackson, Director, Leola Group