SXSW Film 2015
Mobile Moviemaking with iPad and The Padcaster
With mobile devices becoming ubiquitous, anyone can create hi-quality videos. This presents an opportunity for moviemakers everywhere to create content affordably by harnessing the power of inexpensive mobile devices.
Filmmaker Josh Apter invented a device to do just that. The Padcaster is a sturdy iPad frame with threaded holes to accommodate camera accessories, turning the consumer device into a professional all-in one production, editing and distribution tool – perfect for moviemaking, video journalism and livestreaming.
In this session, Apter will discuss best practices for mobile moviemaking livestreaming, drawing upon his experience with Padcaster.
Share this idea
- How can someone create high quality content with a mobile device?
- What are the ten most common mistakes that people make when first starting out as mobile moviemakers
- What the heck is the Padcaster and how can it help me make better movies with my iPad
- What are the best practices for mobile production?
- Being that you can also edit, color correct, score, mix and even distribute your film from the iPad, what are the best post-production techniques for mobile production?
- josh Apter, owner, The Padcaster, LLC
josh Apter, owner, The Padcaster, LLC