SXSW Interactive 2015
Supercharged Storytelling for Startups
These days it’s not enough to be in the news, you need to create, produce and share it. And in order to do that you need to think like a newsroom and amplify stories via social, digital and traditional channels.
So how do you break through?
Rather than waiting for a PR person to get you the holy grail – a hit in TechCrunch, Mashable, Business Insider – startups and brands can become hubs that develop and distribute their own stories and news directly. Create dazzling content in print and multimedia. And build trusted relationships with people who can help spread the word.
Social media may be fast, but relationships still take time.
I'm an agency entrepreneur and teach digital strategy to business owners at UToronto. This two and a half hour long workshop is an entertaining, interactive and hands-on session where I'll share actionable tips on how startups can turn PR inside out and start thinking and acting like a media outlet and become a trusted news source.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What resources does my company need to get started producing news and amplifying on social and traditional channels?
- Aren't there enough media and bloggers out there? Why is it important for me to create a blog or newsroom as the hub for my stories?
- What are 10 things I can to do to harness social media, new PR and marketing tools to create the kind of word of mouth that reaches the influencers and community I'm trying to target?
- How can I begin building the type of excitement, awareness and a community for my startup that helps me achieve my business goals?
- When is it time to hire an agency and when it comes to social media and PR, what can I do and what should my agency be responsible for?
- Martin Waxman, President, Martin Waxman Communications
Martin Waxman, President, Martin Waxman Communications