SXSW Interactive 2013
Turning Consumers into Changemakers
A new breed of tech-savvy, socially-minded companies are hard at work solving some of society's toughest challenges--while earning impressive revenues to boot. This panel will feature three of the pacesetters in this emerging area: Kiva, Kaggle and Avego. Each organization is revolutionizing their respective field--development, big data and transportation--through a disruptive business model that harnesses the resources and creativity of thousands of individuals. The panel will explore how they're advancing their own unique variation of crowdsourcing, succeeding where others have failed, and what the future portends for the increasingly interconnected worlds of social impact and business.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How to build a business model that creates impact--and earns a profit.
- How to design successful two-sided markets to engage both sides of the market and create social value
- How to scale a promising innovation to new markets, new customers, and new social challenges
- What partnerships have been most valuable in expanding the start-up’s reach
- What advancements in technology and business are poised to positively transform the citizen experience
William Eggers, Global Research Director, Public Sector, Deloitte