SXSW Interactive 2015
Pushing the Envelope Forward: Latin@s in Tech
In 2014 in follow up to over half a dozen years of advocating for more Latin@ participation as keynotes, presenters and participants at SXSW and events like it, we convened the first Latin@s in Tech conference to precede SXSW convening over 100 Latin@ Digital Content Creators, Media Creators, Marketers, Executives from Ad Agencies and Businesses, as well as Entrepreneurs, Start Up Founders and Investors: http://kaporcenter.org/latinosintech/. Despite the success of this preconference we found there is still much work for us to do. This panel brings together the people responsible for organizing the Latin@s in Tech pre-event as well as others like it throughout the U.S. to explore what we have accomplished in the last few years, where we are at present and what can be done to bridge the gap between the possibility of Latin@s in Tech and the reality. If our panel is selected for SXSWi, we intend to provide concrete solutions to help move this issue so we can all move forward, together.
Share this idea
- Why does engaging Latin@s in Tech as keynotes, presenters and participants at SXSWi and other Technology events like it continue to be a challenge?
- Why is it important to tackle this issue in a substantive, game changing way?
- What are some of the solutions to tap into this opportunity?
- What are proposed next steps?
- How can allies support this effort?
Kety Esquivel, Founder, Dandelion Strategies