SXSW Interactive 2015
Web vs. Mobile: The Continuous Delivery Difference
One of the hottest trends in software today is Continuous Delivery. Designed to help automate the release of software faster in the wake of more iterative and Agile practices, Continuous Delivery is often viewed as heavyweight and enterprise-centric only. At the other end of the enterprise spectrum is mobile app development. Here we have smaller teams moving quickly to bring innovation and value to the mobile experience, for consumers and business users alike.
During this session we will break down the lessons learned from Continuous Delivery in enterprise and web application environments, and center the discussion on how and why mobile app development is a completely different animal – from testing and automated workflow practices to the overall Continuous Integration process. You will not only get a better understanding of Continuous Delivery practices, but the nuances and best approaches for applying this emerging process improvement to the mobile app design and deploy framework.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is Continuous Delivery and how does it apply to web and mobile application development?
- What are the major differences between mobile application development and web application development?
- Are there frameworks available for testing a mobile app? If so, what are they?
- Are there any major differences between deploying apps for iOS (Mac) vs. APK (Android)? If so, what are they?
- What is the multi-step process for deploying mobile apps and how is this process different from deploying web apps?
Jeremy Douglas, Account Executive, Catapult PR-IR