SXSW Interactive 2015
New Parents in Tech Meetup
It's tough out there for a parent, especially one in an industry moving as fast as technology. How do you keep up with thought leaders on twitter, write blog posts, and try out the latest software when you're juggling pediatrician appointments, fun mind-expanding toddler activities, or just a baby that wants to be constantly held? Just because you have a bundle of joy doesn't mean you have to put your career on hold, and at this meetup you'll get tips, tricks, and hard fought strategies from fellow tech parents on how they've kept baby happily in a corner, at least long enough for a compile.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you go to meetups, network, and keep yourself technically up to date when the kid wants all your time?
- Is there a silver bullet for dealing with the responsibilities and keeping your career going?
- Are there ways to jump start your career after kids? Hacker schools, MOOCs, what works best?
- Who gets the time when both parents need personal development?
- What tech tools have served you best? What's indispensable in your utility belt/diaper bag?
- Irma Kramer, Nerd, Self Employed
Irma Kramer, Nerd, Self Employed