SXSW Interactive 2015
Should brands come out and be gay?
People are sharing everything on their social media profile from their gender to their sexual orientation. Some brands are using this data to create content that specifically targets people in the LGBTI community.
But how far should a brand go to try and reach new audiences?
Should brands market to people in the LGBTI community or are people's sexual orientations off limits for marketers?
Hear from the interactive social media agency that turned a banks ATMs into GAYTMs and arranged the first same sex wedding for New Zealand tourism board.
We will be sharing inspiring insights, the creative approach and business results behind the Cannes Lions Grand Prix winning work. As well as covering off the wider conversation around how far brands should go to make a connection with people and their personal data.
Share this idea
- Should brands market to people in the LGBTI community or are people's sexual orientations off limits?
- How do you convince a major corporation to run with a wild idea that will be controversial?
- Do brands that embrace the LGBTI community get better business results by being so open ?
- How do you appeal to the LGBTI community without reinforcing stereotypes?
- How on earth do you make an ATM into a GAYTM ???
russ tucker, Creative Director, Digital Arts Network