SXSW Interactive 2015
Field Guide for New Untethered Entrepreneurs
With our connected culture, working remotely is easier and more common than ever before, but some are unable to make the leap from desk jockey to being independent and untethered. And many who do manage to make this happen suddenly feel like they are in a dead-end job, not knowing where to go from there.
The answer for many is to ditch the idea of having a portable career and to focus on building a portable business instead. This session will serve as a primer for anyone who is toying with the idea of being unchained from the office, feeling out entrepreneurship, trying to grow their business, or moving their enterprise to a remote model. This session will offer up inspiration, tools, and strategies to make being a business owner who is untethered easier than ever.
Share this idea
- Is a portable career or being an untethered entrepreneur for everyone?
- How do you find or create a portable career or business?
- How do you transition from being freelance or a solo enterprise into a remote or mobile team?
- What resources and tools are the most beneficial for managing your team and developing your business?
- Where do you turn for motivation and inspiration when things aren't working--and your team is hundreds or thousands of miles away?
- Julie Ewald, Creative Director, Impressa Solutions
Julie Ewald, Creative Director, Impressa Solutions