SXSW Interactive 2015
Get Shelf Made - For Specialty Food Entrepreneurs
Are you still waiting to hear back about securing shelf space at Whole Foods? Is your creation already making the rounds in the smaller retailers, but your pitch to the Big Box stores was not enough to convince them to take a chance on you? Have you made the rounds at the farmers markets, but you can't get a meeting with stores on a national level? It's not enough to have a great tasting product in nice packaging anymore. Before you attend your next vendor fair, you owe it to yourself to find out what you are missing.
Share this idea
- What information is required on product labels to meet current FDA requirements and retail regulations?
- How important is it to exhibit at industry trade shows and are they worth the investment?
- Is a food broker or distributor needed for a better chance at getting shelved?
- How do small-batch food and beverage manufacturers make a net profit after broker commissions and distribution fees?
- How can a product's shelf life become extended once placed in retail/wholesale stores?
- Lauren Young, CEO & Founder, Freshly Baked Communications
Lauren Young, CEO & Founder, Freshly Baked Communications