SXSW Interactive 2015
Saving LGBT Homeless Youth with Technology
Technology, especially mobile tech could mean the difference between life or death for the over 40% of homeless youth that identify as LGBTQ on our streets today. Frequently these LGBTQ youth end up on the streets after family conflicts over sexual orientation or gender identity and are forced to develop a family of their own. For homeless LGBTQ youth on the streets, access is vital in connecting with supportive networks, service providers, prospective employers or finding safe and welcoming spaces.
Join experts from around the country to learn how they are tackling the issue head on by providing services, tools and resources through technology.
Share this idea
- What are the biggest problems facing LGBTQ homeless youth?
- How can technology solve some of these problems?
- What can companies do to help LGBTQ homeless youth?
- How can community organizations help LGBTQ youth in their community?
- What resources currently exist and what resources are in development?
Christopher Wood, Executive Director, LGBT Technology Partnership & Institute