SXSW Music 2013
Music Festivals- The Real Deal From The Experts
One of the most exciting developments in the concert business is the proliferation of U.S. music festivals. Having been popular in Europe for years, the multi-day festival structure has hit America with more and more starting up every year. This panel will be a collection of specialists in different areas of festival management who will not be asked about their start in the business or why they think festivals have been successful. Instead, this will be an advanced panel that gets into the nuts and bolts of running a festival with discussions ranging from budgeting and ticketing to booking and marketing. The purpose will be to determine best practices for music festivals as set forth by the best in the business.
Share this idea
- How are festival deals structured with artists and their agents.
- What is the best ticketing and entrance technology for a modern festival
- What are the pros and cons of having big name sponsors at your event?
- What marketing methods work best for festivals?
- How do you create an accurate budget for a festival.
Steve Oberman, Director Of Marketing, Flavorus