SXSW Interactive 2015
Mobile: How to Build Beyond the Phone
For many, mobile means portable technology – and for 1 billion people, that means smartphones. However, when we talk about what’s next in the space, it goes beyond the phone. Mobile will encompass anything that delivers you data on the go – from clothing with sensors that monitor health and activity to home devices that work together to serve up personalized content.
This panel will bring together experts in mobile and social to discuss how their companies are building the next wave of user experience. They’ll touch on how consumer technology products will need to evolve as mobile takes on new meaning in the future. What do app makers need to be thinking about as we shift toward a world of wearables, smart homes and new devices? This panel will give us a look at how forming decisions, interacting, and understanding ourselves and others will change as mobile tech becomes even more ingrained in our lives
Share this idea
- What new categories are emerging in the mobile space? How will wearables evolve over time and what other smart technologies are being tested currently? What’s the craziest thing you’ve heard, seen or expect to come out of the mobile movement?
- What does the future look like for app developers with the rise of these new technologies? What are the business opportunities and will this technology change how they work and create? What can we expect from apps in the future?
- What should brands and companies consider before developing for these new technologies? How can they use the data from these technologies to their benefit while still protecting the consumer?
- How will these new technologies help people? How are people interacting with these technologies and how do you see people using them in the future? How are you planning for this new wave of innovation? Who has done it right so far?
- Will terms like “mobile-first” be irrelevant in this new world? Will we become a mobile-always industry? And what industries – social, wearables, etc. will impact mobile the most?
Elana Gurney, Associate, Inner Circle Labs