SXSW Interactive 2015
Social Media And Evolving Ethnic Identity
EthniFacts has gone beyond U.S. Census data (where race and ethnicity are a choice) and devised an innovative methodology for measuring and activating a new dimension of multicultural influence and behaviors. The CulturEdge Countdown Clock, recently launched at www.americareimagined.com, and announced in New York City's Times Square on August 22, 2014, measures and explains why and how evolving ethnic identity is dovetailing with an increasingly multicultural general market. Tengrade's groundbreaking social ranking platform reveals how the CulturEdge is perceived, defined and activated by culturally-empowered Netizens who are using social media to reshape American identity.
Share this idea
- What happened, demographically speaking, on August 22 2014, and why does it have major social and cultural implications for all Americans?
- How is social media both an enabler and decoder of evolving new forms of U.S. ethnic identity?
- How is multiculturalism today different from any other time in the nation's history?
- What is a statistically sound, verbally and visually concrete description of CulturEdge (new mainstream culture) and why would anyone be excited about it?
- In what ways is technology, like crowdsourcing, effecting multicultural influence on American society?
Adrienne Pulido, partner, ethnifacts