SXSW Interactive 2015
Breaking Bitcoin: Flash in Pan or Future of Money?
Regulatory uncertainty, price volatility and bad actors are among the many challenges that Bitcoin has faced down and survived. More than just survived – growth across the Bitcoin market has continued at a breakneck pace as it evolves as an asset for investment, a currency for transactions, and a platform for new financial applications. What accounts for this remarkable resilience? Internet veterans and investors believe Bitcoin will be as transformative to industry and society as the advent of the commercial Web. But some of the biggest challenges for Bitcoin may yet lie ahead. Does Bitcoin have what it takes to become a mainstream phenomenon?
This panel brings together leading industry experts from diverse perspectives to examine the past, present, and future of Bitcoin, practical implications for consumers and businesses, and wildcard scenarios that could change everything.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What's Bitcoin in 140 characters or less?
- What are the benefits and risks of Bitcoin for consumers, businesses and investors?
- Will Bitcoin replace the dollar someday?
- Predict Bitcoin's price at the end of 2015, and why?
- What will it take for Bitcoin to be as widely accepted as cash and credit cards?
Tierney Oakes, Senior Account Executive , SutherlandGold