SXSW Interactive 2015
Talking Trash: Create a “Smart” Recycling Center
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the connection of machines, objects and things, creating “smart” devices that improve processes, efficiency and our way of life. M2M technology is the engine behind the IoT. It connects objects to wireless networks and transforms “big data” into actionable intelligence enabling once unheard of technology such as smart parking meters and the Nest home thermostat. With so many connections using various wireless networks and technology, the M2M ecosystem was traditionally extremely complex leading to costly, protracted development cycles. Comprehensive and innovative M2M solutions have shortened integration timelines enabling tech hobbyists, garage enthusiasts and professional developers alike to use simplified technology to create fully functioning prototypes in hours versus months or years.
This engaging demo will show how to create an IoT Smart Recycling
Share this idea
- What is Machine-to-Machine (M2M) technology, how does it relate to the Internet of Things (IoT) and why are these sectors growing so quickly
- Why would we want to grow the IoT, who benefits the most and how do we secure it?
- What are the key components, solutions and services necessary to turn my great idea into the next trendsetting IoT connected device?
- Why is Java relevant to developing M2M and expanding the IoT?
- How do you translate massive amounts of data into easy to use, standardized intelligence that can be used to make better decisions and improve process and efficiency and how is the “the cloud relevant?
- Ken Lowe, Director of Business Development for M2M cloud, Gemalto
Ellen Lynch, PR agency, gemalto