SXSW Interactive 2015
Finding a Cure for Cancer: What Needs to Change
Cancer is the second largest cause of death in the U.S., impacting nearly 14 million men and women. How do we as a community— from physicians to researchers, health plans and technology companies — change this? What impact does digital innovation have on getting us closer to finding a cure? In this session, breast cancer patient, advocate and blogger Ann Silberman, along with digital health media expert David Kopp, will discuss the difficult challenges faced by cancer patients, the important role patient empowerment plays during the cancer journey, and how innovations such as mobile apps and digital engagement tools are making a real difference in cancer care.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What challenges do cancer patients face?
- What role does patient empowerment play in improving cancer care and the cancer journey?
- What impact does digital innovation have on cancer care?
- What are some of the digital innovations that are making a difference in cancer care and patient empowerment today?
- What do we need to change to find a cure?
John Balladares, Director of Corporate Communications, Healthline