SXSW Interactive 2015
Mobile makes shopping up close and personal
Mobile proximity technologies like NFC, BLE and mobile EMV are increasingly being built into mobile devices, giving consumers a more up close and personal experience in-store. Innovative marketing, loyalty and payment applications utilizing these technologies can allow consumers to receive offers, redeem coupons and pay in-store using nothing more than their mobile device.
But proximity technologies are not a one-size-fits-all proposition, especially when it comes to sensitive payment data. How do you decide what technologies to use for which applications and when? The type of data, the available security features and the distance the data travels all need to be considered in the decision. In this session, attendees will learn how to take advantage of the innovation and excitement that mobile proximity technologies provide – without sacrificing security.
Share this idea
- What types of technologies are used to make proximity data transfers?
- How does proximity influence the security of contactless information transfer?
- Which technology is best suited for payments? For marketing and advertising?
- Why are the mobile marketing and payments industries interested in taking advantage of proximity transfers?
- What benefits do consumers get from using mobile proximity technologies?
- Amol Deshmukh, Director of solutions for Mobile Financial Services, gemalto
Ellen Leech, marketing, gemalto