SXSW Interactive 2015
The Myth of Organic Advertising
Organic advertising is like the Holy Grail, and just like the Holy Grail, it doesn’t really exist. Messages do not spread organically at the scale necessary to support your business. If you want to spread your message, you must commit to spending. But what is worth your money? Native advertising is projected to reach $5 billion in spending by 2017. Will the results of native justify that amount? This session will explore the positives and negatives of native advertising, and delineate exactly what your business should be doing to interact with customers in a genuine voice.
Share this idea
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of native advertising compared to traditional media and organic?
- How do you best use data when approaching targeting?
- How can you best take advantage of consumers’ use of social media without becoming toned out or the enemy?
- What do the recent reports that say “social media does not influence purchasing decisions” imply?
- How do you ensure that you know your audience and provide content that appeals to them?
- Brian Razzaque, Founder and CEO, SocialToaster
Brian Razzaque, Founder and CEO, SocialToaster