SXSW Interactive 2015
Building Gender-Balanced Startups
Everyone in tech wants more gender balance in the startup ecosystem, but the practical challenges to implementing that goal are complex, and involve many players—from the incubation/hackathon culture, to the VC community, to the startup founders and execs who must hire and manage a (hopefully) gender-balanced team. Join a leading venture capitalist, female tech leader, and reporter as they discuss the problems they’ve encountered—and offer solid advice for building a more inclusive (and therefore successful) startup industry.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How venture capitalists can (or should) think about gender balance in the companies they fund.
- How startup founders can build their companies with gender balance in the foundation.
- How incubators and hackathons can foster a more gender inclusive community.
- What are practical things we can do in the short term to address the issue?
- What changes can we start making to drive long-term change in the industry?
Vanessa Camones, CEO , theMIX agency