SXSW Music 2015
Show me the money, show me the fans!
Come learn about some of the latest developments within two fundamental pillars of sustaining and growing an artist’s career: funding and fan development. Hear from experts who are actively working with artists, managers and labels to establish a better foundation for long-term, sustained artist success leveraging new technologies and innovative practices. Panelists will provide a brief overview of their approaches, share case studies, and provide their perspective on developments in funding and fan acquisition.
Share this idea
- Do you see the current crowd-funding solutions as adequate in replacing the lack of music sales and artist development in the music industry? If not, what do you see as the future of artist funding?
- Can you cite recent examples of artists successfully leveraging alternative funding approaches and extrapolate from those case studies some guiding principles for developing artists?
- What do you anticipate will be the long-term effect of the dearth of artist development in the current major label system and how can new companies and technologies rise up to fill the gap?
- Can you provide some examples of what has contributed to your success in building a sustainable career? Can you cite some practical pitfalls, specific things to avoid?
- What combination of fundraising tools would you recommend for artists early in their career? And how would those recommendations change as the artist becomes more successful?
Michael Rosenthal, Digital Strategist , OK Go / Paracadute