SXSW Interactive 2015
8 Years To An Overnight Success
How does one grow a local tech community from 6 guys at a Starbucks to 8,500 people? From a handful of guys to 300-to-400 people in attendance month over month.
Simple, find a common goal, provide a steady stream of content and networking opportunities... Rinse & repeat for lets say, 8 years and -wham- you've got yourself a bonafide vibrant and self sustaining technology ecosystem.
Well, that's one way of doing it.
Join us for a discussion on what we've learned over the years and how to avoid the pitfalls of community building.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can I build a startup ecosystem?
- How do we rally the community together to support the cause?
- What are common mistakes and pitfalls that startup communities face?
- How can one build a community without financial resources?
- How does my city, which focuses on X industry, adopt tech and startups?
Peter Martinez, Co-Director, Refresh Miami, Inc