SXSW Interactive 2015
Conversations with Digital Natives - Teens talk
At conferences like this around the world, we hear from lots of experts about what digital natives do; how they think and how they view the future. I brought my daughter to one of those sessions and she kept saying "we don't do that." And that gave us the idea to create this session. SXSW is known for the place to hear and talk about all of the pressing tech issues of the day, but frequently we don’t get to hear from this generation of teens to understand how they feel about everything that’s happening. So, we’ll bring two with us and create a conversation with them, to hear first-hand what this generation, of teens, is doing, thinking and making. What are the trends they're seeing and what do they think the future holds? How do they feel about the pressing tech issues of the day? Do they share the same concerns of technology that older generations have? In addition, they will share video interviews with other students from their school, to show a broader range of thinking and opinion.
Share this idea
- How are teens engaging the technologies around them?
- Are they really involved in the maker movement?
- Do they feel differently about content than older generations?
- What social media tools are they using and what are they staying away from? What different ways are they engaging their friends?
- What do they think are the most important trends that will impact them when they're older?
David Polinchock, Director of Marketing, AT&T