SXSW Interactive 2015
iBeacons Beyond Retail
iBeacons are the most exciting bridge between cyberspace and meatspace since GPS. iBeacons can enable apps to have precise, passive interactions with the real world. Retailers have been buzzing about the merchandising potential of iBeacons (and that's a great way to push the technology forward), but really interesting things are happening in other industries. The potential of iBeacons goes far beyond delivering coupons.
In this session, we'll focus on the most exciting iBeacon ideas, patterns, and trends outside of the retail space. Some innovative, some fun, some creepy, all interesting, we will explore the corners of the iBeacon world from independent developers tinkering with a proof-of-concept to companies rolling out large-scale integrations.
Share this idea
- What exactly is an iBeacon, where can I get one, and how do I use one?
- What are the inherent benefits and limitations of iBeacons?
- What are some interesting examples and case studies of non-retail iBeacon integrations?
- What are some emerging trends among non-retail iBeacon integrations?
- What might be next for iBeacons?
- Will Dages, Manager of Web Development, Findaway World
Will Dages, Manager of Web Development, Findaway World