SXSW Film 2015
Online Success Without Cat Videos or Crotch Hits
The production and marketing team behind online juggernaut Rooster Teeth (Red Vs Blue, RWBY, Achievement Hunter, Rooster Teeth Shorts, A Simple Walk Into Mordor, Immersion) teams up with one-man band YouTube star Zach Anner (Workout Wednesday, Have a Little Faith, Riding Shotgun) to discuss how making creative content for the Internet can be both profitable and fulfilling whether you're on your own or part of an established company. They'll talk through how to make videos that appeal to the masses but don't pander to them, and detail how to market your content and build your brand to a sustainable level. And finally, they'll discuss how to monetize a creative product without losing your soul... IE How to find success on YouTube without cat videos or hitting your friends in the crotch.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Since pre-roll ads aren't enough to pay the bills, what are other ways to effectively monetize video content?
- If you have a video go "viral" how do you maintain that momentum and translate it into subscribers and a long-term audience?
- If you have a show or video that is high quality but doesn't have a "hook" (like many short films), how can it be successful online and find an audience?
- How can I find sponsors or distributors to pay me to make my content?
- What's the best way to make high quality content on a low budget on a weekly basis?
Chris Demarais, Content Producer, Rooster Teeth Productions