Musician Business: Lessons from the Grateful Dead
"The Musician Business" is the point at which technology and music meet to create a platform that allows:
1. The music to lead.
2. Artists to connect directly to fans.
3. Conventional wisdom to be ignored.
4. Looking beyond the same old industry talent pools to get the best people.
5. The ability to provide your audience with authenticity through transparency.
6. You to give and receive in tandem.
7. Live on the edge of innovation.
8. Partner with entrepreneurs.
Discussing the history and innovation of the Grateful Dead with members of the band and industry executives familiar with their business, other artists may discover how the Grateful Dead business model was ahead of its time and provide guidance to emerging, independent artists today.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Bob Weir, Musician, Grateful Dead Productions
- Jacqueline Sabec, Partner, Oliver & Sabec, P.C.
- Jon Blaufarb, Partner, Counsel LLP
Jacqueline Sabec, Partner, Oliver & Sabec, P.C.
Show me another