Everyone has the capacity to become a game designer! Bring out your inner game designer and learn the basics by creating and modifying learning games for your own classroom in this workshop based on Institute of Play’s TeacherQuest professional development programs. Learn practical methods that can be implemented in any classroom, including how to identify game-worthy learning goals and how to effectively align learning goals to game mechanics to create a fun and meaningful learning experience.
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you identify learning goals for a game?
- How do you effectively align learning goals to game mechanics?
- How do you integrate a game into a larger curricular framework?
- Shula Ehrlich, Lead Game Designer, Institute of Play
- Rebecca Rufo-Tepper, Director of Integrated Learning, Institute of Play
- Daniel O'Keefe, Lead Learning Designer, Institute of Play
Shula Ehrlich, Lead Game Designer, Institute of Play
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.