SXSW Interactive 2015
The Future of Food: Tradition Meets Technology
Eating healthy, organic food, grown by people you know, is today’s top family commitment. For young agrarians, what’s the key to turn entrepreneurial visions into reality? How does technology advance person-to-person outreach to germinate your urban farm, microgrower concept, or neighborhood network of sustainability?
Meet three young innovators and how they creatively use technology to connect people with food, resources, and the community. Hear how they developed partnerships to boost net success and funded their ventures through social media. Find out how a television producer develops personal connections beyond broadcast to diversify audience reach and promote innovators.
Share this idea
- How have emerging technologies changed the way we jumpstart agricultural ventures?
- In what ways has technology changed the way farmers reach their audience?
- Can collaboration allow all parties involved to achieve a higher level of success?
- How can emergent technology be harnessed to boost collaborative community efforts?
- Does a visibly connected inner-network of agrarians boost audience engagement?
Linda Lehmusvirta, television producer, KLRU-TV