SXSW Interactive 2015
Web Content Publishing with Drupal Eight
The New Power of Drupal Eight!
Drupal is used by Whitehouse.gov, the Emmys, & the Grammys, the Governments of Georgia, New York, Australia, & more. It is currently cooking on a new Drupal release & you have GOT to see it!
Spend four hours with me as, together, we explore the power of Drupal 8!
The power to:
* Create rich content
* Manage that content intuitively
* Categorize content with Taxonomy
* Manage users & permissions
* Effectively manage & use media in content
* Build listing pages
* Control layouts responsively
* Create custom content types & add fields
* Manage dated posts
* Render data as a calendar
As a practical example we're going to build a highly functional, multi user blog site with a calendar for events. In so doing, we're going to touch on many of the fundamental strengths of Drupal. You can take these principles & apply them to your own projects.
When we're done, you will know, appreciate, & crave the awesome power of Drupal 8!
Share this idea
- How does Drupal 8 differ from older versions?
- How does Drupal improve upon the web publishing experiences of other platforms?
- What's new in Drupal 8 Core and how can it be leveraged to create custom user experiences?
- How does Drupal 8 empower the site builder to control layouts?
- How can Drupal 8 be delivered in a scalable and performant manner?
- Doug Vann, President, Synaptic Blue Inc
Doug Vann, President, Synaptic Blue Inc